Tuesday, January 31, 2012

No Excuses!

I saw this picture today on Facebook that was shared by a friend of a friend, so I'm not sure how legit it is, but they claim that this guy is 91 years old. I have no way to prove or disprove this, but even if he is 71, (which I could easily believe) this man is in phenomenal physical condition. I can only hope to be in half the condition he is in when I reach my golden years!

This got me thinking about what a sad state that most of the population is in, physically speaking. We know that obesity is at epidemic levels among our children, and diagnoses of diseases such as diabetes are at an all time high. We have only to look at our present culture to understand how this has happened, and how we have become such a nation of sluggards, wallowing in fast food and our own laziness.

Look at what is happening to our kids these days. They are becoming increasingly dependent on a virtual reality that doesn't really exist! It is a cyber world of video games, social networks, text messages, and mindless garbage that is of NO VALUE, WHATSOEVER! Don't get me wrong. I am as wrapped up in the whole social media world as most everyone else is, and I find it hard to pull myself away at times. It's a daily struggle to find balance, and to focus on the things that are most important in life.

Most of our children are doing absolutely nothing to take care of themselves physically. The time they spend sitting in their rooms ingesting this mindless drivel, could be reduced by just 30 minutes a day, and be replaced with some sort of physical activity. It doesn't mean they have to hit the gym for an Olympian workout, or run a marathon. Just something to get their bodies moving, and to keep them from wasting away, physically AND mentally!

My grandfather was a gymnast in high school, and he continued with his daily calisthenics well into his eighties. He would get up and hit the exercises first thing every morning, and he was in phenomenal shape all of his life. I'm not saying we all have to look like the man in this picture, but with just a little effort, we could all improve our own health, AND the state of our nation as well.

Just think how much we could ease the strain on our health care system, if we all took better care of our own bodies. Just think how that would reduce so many people's dependence on Social Security and disability funds. Just think how much healthier and productive we could be in our lives, corporately and individually. Just think what a better quality of life you and your children could have, with just a small portion of your day being set aside and dedicated to physical fitness. Just think how much healthier we would be if we all stopped MAKING EXCUSES for why we can find the time or energy to work out, and just did SOMETHING! Just think...

If this has made you start to think, then let me suggest the way that I have found to improve my physical fitness. It is called "Convict Conditioning" by Paul "Coach" Wade, and it has made a HUGE difference in the way I train and the way I look at my overall health, and I know it can help you too. This is a no-nonsense approach to fitness and health that anyone can implement, regardless of your age or level of conditioning. You don't need a gym or any fancy equipment, and it can all be done in the comfort of your own home. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!


Check out more "Convict Conditioning" products, as well as other great Bodyweight training tools HERE!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: