Tuesday, September 06, 2011

First Night of Running

Well, I finally did it! After weeks of procrastinating, I actually went out for my first run tonight. It has literally been years, possibly a decade or more, since running has been a part of my fitness regimen. I have been wanting to add some form of cardio to go along with my "Convict Conditioning" Bodyweight Training program. After consulting with Zach Even - Esh, I decided to take his advice and start running.
Tonight was my first night out. It was a 3 mile trip, alternating between running and fast walking. At times, I thought my chest was going to explode! It's been a long time since I've felt that burn in my lungs, but I'm glad I finally did it, and I feel much better because of it.
I'd like to say thank you to my wife, Jennifer, for loving and caring enough about my health, to encourage me to get up, get outside, and get moving. Also a big thank you to Zach Even - Esh, for all your motivation and inspiration, Bro!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: